Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Michael M Gaspari
Dr. Michael M Gaspari, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Winston Salem, NC, with another office in Charlotte, NC. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Gaspari is affiliated with Carolinas Medical Center Mercy. Dr. Gaspari has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael M Gaspari has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michael M Gaspari has the following 10 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Hepatitis C
- Celiac Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Dr. Michael M Gaspari has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Michael M Gaspari is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 10
Rude, arrogant, absolutely no followup after colonoscopy and removing three polyps, with a strong family history of colon cancer, woke up during procedure and he did nothing about it. Dr. Never spoke to spouse or myself after procedure. Staff left me alone in room afterwards, maybe they got mad because I got sick and had to throw up on the floor because there was no one there to help and no way to get help. Miserable experience, terrible dr., 18 years later I am still not willing to go back and have another colonoscopy. I have changed pcp's and lie to them about the last time I had a colonoscopy because this dr and staff scared me to death.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Gaspari is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
Dr. Michael M Gaspari accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 1
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael M Gaspari, MD - Gastroenterology in Winston Salem, NC, in this video.
Dr. Michael M Gaspari is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Winston Salem, NC.