More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael B Gerhardt
Dr. Michael B Gerhardt, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Santa Monica, CA. He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine. Dr. Gerhardt is affiliated with Saint John's Health Center, UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica and Pacific Alliance Medical Center. Dr. Gerhardt has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael B Gerhardt has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
Dr. Michael B Gerhardt has the following 5 expertise
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Sports Medicine
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Dr. Michael B Gerhardt has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Michael B Gerhardt is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 57
I was impressed by everyone on the team. I never formally met Dr. Gerhardt until the follow up a week after the surgery. I met with and talked to his assistants for consultations, diagnosis and pre-op. He did speak to me just prior to the surgery but I didn't even know he was Dr. Gerhardt because there was never a introduction by him or anyone else. I am happy so far after 2 weeks with how everything has gone. In physical therapy for another 4 weeks or so before I know the end results but so far, so good!
Dr. Gerhardt and his staff are incredible! I received a total hip replacement from him! He was willing to listen and his staff is extremely responsive! Being less than 40 I was mistreated by several surgeons before I was able to see Gerhardt! He understood the pain I was in and was determined to help! I will forever be grateful to him and his staff because they gave me back my life!
I am older but had a knee injury beyond wear & tear. Swore I'd never have surgery. But Michael made such a cogent cast to let him operate that I agreed. So pleased I did. Problem was fixed the moment I rose from the table. Fixed! Wish I'd seen him 6 months earlier. Wonderful staff. Great follow up. Rent the ice machine. Less pain. Less Rx.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Gerhardt is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Michael B Gerhardt accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSanta Monica Orthopaedic And Sports Medicine Group, 2020 Santa Monica Blvd Fl 4, Santa Monica, CA
Dr. Michael B Gerhardt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Santa Monica, CA.