Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael M Gluck
Dr. Michael M Gluck, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Seattle, WA, with another office in Seattle, WA. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Gluck is affiliated with Mary Bridge Children's Hospital & Health Center, St Joseph Medical Center and University Of Washington Medical Center. Dr. Gluck has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael M Gluck has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michael M Gluck has the following 13 expertise
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
- Abdominal Pain
- Celiac Disease
Dr. Michael M Gluck is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
dr gluck is a great doctor, but more particularly he is a true friend. he is always honest and a true professional. i have known him for more than20 yearsand he has never disappointed.
Dr Gluck is obviously very experienced, but he and his department do not seem to understand the concept of treating the patient, versus conducting a procedure. He did a professional enough job of my GI endoscopy, but the follow up was very poor. He could offer no diagnosis or explanation for the inflammation of my gastric sphincter, other than to tell me it was inflamed. His computer department botched up saving the results of my procedure, which meant they had to repeat it! The department is terribly understaffed - I was running late for my follow up (which I had to set up, they didn't bother to set it up for me), and couldn't get through on the phone to reschedule it, because they don't have enough people to man the phones (they admitted this to me when I complained). I arrived there to be told I'd have to reschedule - for a few weeks out! I set up some time to talk to him on the phone, and he was very brusque, as if he was doing me a favor, and wrapped up teh conversation before I could get all my questions answered. Neither he nor his department responded to my follow up email, though I got a call from their public relations manager weeks later. My initial procedure was in May, and I wanted to know if I have GI tract issues and / or Celiac disease. It is now almost October, and I know that my GI tract is ok, though I don't know how to control / minimize the inflammation of my gastric sphincter, and due to the lack of follow up, have not been tested for Celiac disease. This is worse than 3rd world health care - Dr. Gluck and Virginia Mason have all the best facilities at their disposal, but do not seem interested in timely and sensitive treatment of the patient or actual diagnosis and cure, but only in conducting expensive procedures and telling you the basic results of the procedure without any further insights. Dr. Gluck is a nice enough man in person, my observation is that this a fundamental flaw in how he and his hospital understand their role and their relationship to the patient. I am looking for another doctor / hospital to get to a satisfactory resolution to my issues.
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Dr. Gluck is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
University Of Washington Medical Center
Dr. Michael M Gluck accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Pacific Medical Centers WA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Group Health Coop
- Group Health Coop Alliant Plus Connect
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
- Premera NW PHYS Network: Personal Care
- Premera VA Mason Med Center: Personal Care
Regence Health Plans
- Regence Evergreen Health Partners
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Michael M Gluck is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Seattle, WA.