The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael J Guarino has the following 2 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Cancerous Tumor
- Clinical Research
- Stem Cell Transplant
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
Showing 5 of 10
Having been a patient of Dr. Guarino for 15+ years, I have always appreciated his straightforwardness and clear direction, both with treatments and follow-up care. He never attempted to skirt issues or underplay the seriousness of my treatment regimes, and my family and my health are a testament to his work. He surrounds himself with the most courteous and professional staff, and would highly recommend him.
This man is extremely arrogant, rude, and uncaring. He was completely rude to me and to my husband when he saw me as his patient in the hospital. When my husband didn't understand what he was explaining (too many medical terms) he asked him, "Are you stupid?" Then he turned and walked out. I heard him tell the nurse that we were stupid and he wasn't going to explain things again taht she sould explain things to us. The nurse came in and answered all of our questions and was very nice and even apologized for him. I don't know how any docotr could say this to a patient's family! I would never see him, ever!
39 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1979
Strong Memorial Hospital
Dr. Michael J Guarino accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMedical Oncology Hematology, 4701 Ogletown Stanton Rd Ste 3400, Newark, DE
Dr. Michael J Guarino is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newark, DE.