Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael Z Guo has the following 3 specialties
- Neuromuscular Medicine
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Migraine Disorder
- Back Pain
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Shoulder Pain
- Hemifacial Spasm
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Migraine Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 88
I am currently receiving treatment by Dr. Guo for severe back injury and neck injury from a car accident on November 2017. I was in chronic pain with numbness and right sided weakness and difficulty ambulating after impact injury from car accident. After meeting with Dr. Guo he ordered the correct diagnostic tests to determine the proper treatment to treat my injuries. I am impressed with his professional demeanor and knowledge base and his treatments from nerve blocks to a unique form of acupuncture have dramatically improved my ability to walk again with less numbness and pain. I continue to improve with each treatment and look forward to being able to one day resume my role as an oncology nurse hopefully free of the whiplash symptoms from my accident. His staff are very pleasant, helpful and efficient in running his office. His office is very welcoming and patient friendly. I would highly recommend Dr. Quo as an excellent neurologist and pain management specialist.
I had refractory vomiting for 5 years, and all GI workup was negative. I lost lots of weight, and was completely dysfunctional, until I met Dr Guo. He made diagnosis of autonomic dysfunction and started IV Steroid treatment for me. Within 2 cycles, my symptoms went away! I am so happy after all these years of torture, someone finally helped me! Dr Guo is a great physician and I highly recommend him!
36 Years Experience
Hunan Medical University
Graduated in 1982
New England Medical Center
Dr. Michael Z Guo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Michael Z Guo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Stony Brook, NY.