Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael H Friedman
Dr. Michael H Friedman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chicago, IL. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Friedman is affiliated with Rockford Memorial Hospital, Presence St Mary & Elizabeth Medical Center-Division St Campus and Osf St Anthony Medical Center. Dr. Friedman has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael H Friedman has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Michael H Friedman has the following 9 expertise
- Thyroid Diseases
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
Dr. Michael H Friedman is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
I suffered from sleep apnea to the point that I was very tired every day. My condition affected both my personal and professional life. Prior to meeting Dr. Friedman I consulted another ear, nose and throat doctor and a practice specializing in sleep disorders. I got only limited results from the sleep disorder practice and the other ear, nose and throat specialist said that there was nothing he could do for me. Dr. Friedman performed a surgical procedure that cured me. Prior to this procedure my sleep studies showed over 200 respiratory related arousals. These arousals were short and I had no memory of them, but you cant get much rest under those conditions. After the procedure that number dropped to 5. That is well below the threshold for normal. Since then I have had far more energy every day, and I have eliminated my need for naps. All this has made a huge difference in my quality of life. Dr. Friedman has developed cutting edge techniques and implements them with great care. Because of this he has made a huge improvement in my quality of life.
Dr. Friedman is amazing! He is extremely thorough and very patient. He really takes his time to talk to you and answer any and every question. He really knows how to put his patients at ease. I would recommend this dr. to everyone. I would actually go as far to say that hes one of the best drs. I have dealt with.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Friedman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Francis Delafield Hospital
Dr. Michael H Friedman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National HMO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPrimecare Community Health-West Town, 1431 N Western Ave Ste 406, Chicago, IL
Dr. Michael H Friedman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.