Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael H Miller
Dr. Michael H Miller, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Briarcliff Manor, NY, with another office in Sleepy Hollow, NY. He has 50 years of experience. His specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Miller is affiliated with Phelps Memorial Hospital Center-Northwell Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael H Miller has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michael H Miller has the following 7 expertise
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- Hepatitis C
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
Dr. Michael H Miller has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Michael H Miller is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
I read the other reviews and thought I must be on the wrong page. Dr. Miller was the among the rudest individuals I have ever had to deal with. He barely spoke to us during the several occasions (in hospital and in his office) and waved me off every time I would ask a question about the serious disease that had resulted in my husband's hospitalization. It was a life-or-death situation for him for some days, and a long and difficult recovery. We were advised he was the top man in his field in our area, so I stuck with him, but I will never forget his heartless and uncompassionate behavior towards his clients (us) who were suffering, mentally and physically. My one lasting picture of him is him scribbling in a notebook for a lengthy period of time while we both sat there waiting for some word of encouragement or about my husband's progress or lack thereof. At one point, he said something on the phone to another doctor about my husband's status that was inaccurate. I told him about it, thinking it might make a difference with future decisions about his treatment. He curtly insisted I was wrong, but later, reluctantly, had to admit I wasn't. Just thinking about how we were treated makes me anxious. I do not recommend this doctor. And I don't know who wrote the other reviews, but they don't describe the Dr. Miller we had to deal with.
Dr. Miller is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
50 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 1968
Dr. Michael H Miller accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- Empire PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael H Miller in this video.
Dr. Michael H Miller is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Briarcliff Manor, NY.