Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael H Winkelmann has the following 1 specialty
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Dr. Michael H Winkelmann has the following 8 expertise
- EMG/Nerve Conduction Studies
- Chronic Pain
- Sports Medicine
- Nerve Damage
- Surgery Recovery
Dr. Michael H Winkelmann is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 29
I became sick in 2014 with, at the time, was an unexplainable illness. After seeing countless doctors and being told it was all in my head, I was referred to Dr. Winklemann. From day one, he took me seriously and showed genuine concern, understanding and compassion for me. I was finally diagnosed with Lupus in 2016. I strongly believe Dr. Winklemann was the reason other doctors took me serious enough to continue searching for a diagnosis. Until him, I had no quality of life whatsoever. Aside from him pushing other doctors to aid in the search for answers, he also took away any feelings of self doubt, planted in my mind by other medical professionals. I read other patient reviews complaining about the wait time in his office, personally, I have not had much of a problem with this. There have been a few times when I was running behind or one of his patients had a medical emergency that put him a little behind, but nothing that would warrant a complaint. As far as the time he spends with each patient, he has always taken time to listen to and address my questions and concerns. When I first became a patient, I did have a little trouble with his staff returning my calls but I think they worked that out because it hasn’t been a problem in at least a year and a half to two years.
This is my first visit with Dr. Winkelmann. He and his staff are very courteous, friendly and able to answer questions I had. I would recommend Dr. Winkelmann to anyone looking for a physician.
I have been seeing Dr. Winkleman for several years and he really seems to care - Recently I had to go on disability for my back because I cannot sit very long and after 30 years at the same company - it was hard to deal with - Dr. Winkleman was really supportive and helpful - I would recommend him to anyone!!
Dr. Winkelmann is the only doctor I have been to that was interested in my problem and willing to do whatever it takes to improve the quality of my life. He is very knowledgable and explains things so well. His good looks are just a bonus ;). I will definitely refer Dr. Winkelmann to the people I love and care about. He is one in a billion.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2009, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. Michael H Winkelmann accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNewsouth Neurospine LLC, 2470 Flowood Dr, Flowood, MS
Dr. Michael H Winkelmann is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Flowood, MS.