Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael R Haake
Dr. Michael R Haake, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Charlotte, NC, with other offices in Charlotte, NC and Rock Hill, SC . He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Radiation Oncology. Dr. Haake is affiliated with Caromont Regional Medical Center and Carolinas Medical Center Mercy. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael R Haake has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Radiation Oncology
A radiation oncologist is a physician who specializes in the use of nuclear medicine in diagnosing and treating cancer in a patient.
These doctors work in concert with other cancer specialists in order to determine the best form of treatment for a specific patient. Radiation oncologists are in charge of determining the correct dose of radiation to be used in treatments like radiotherapy and chemotherapy, as well as the appropriate amount of time that radiation should be administered in order to maximize the therapeutic benefits.
- Radiation Therapy
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Radiation Oncology
- Urogenital Cancer (Genitourinary)
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Bone Densitometry
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Most memorable, was he made my husband and I wait for two hours on our first visit, and did not mention it as he swept in the room. I was scheduled to meet with him once a week, he called it "my special time" he would not listen to a thing I said, I had to go back to my Primary Care to be treated for all the nagging things that came with radiation, and then he would criticize anything the Primary care did. His RN was excellent, you could always count on her.
Dr. Haake is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Medical Center Of Central Georgia
Dr. Michael R Haake accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 1
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Michael R Haake is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charlotte, NC.