Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Michael P Hallett has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Michael P Hallett has the following 12 expertise
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
Dr. Michael P Hallett has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 18
He is the so arrogant and rude. There was no discussion it is him telling you what to do and if you question him then he shows you a side of himself that you question if he has some mental health issues . It was the most humiliating experience I have ever been through . I am definitely will not return - I would give him 0/5
This jerk hasn't changed, 2 horrid encounters with this self dubbed prescription messiah and 60 days on meds that nearly put me 6 feet under and I couldn't RUN fast enough out of his office. 10 years ago I came across this hack when my then psychiatrist went on leave, From the other reviews, Hallett is still "Hell_it". Imagine a physician switching your meds from what works to something that makes you feel like death and telling you "You'll get used to it. If you don't like it get another psychiatrist". Zero stars for him is entirely too generous but you can't submit a review here without checking at least 1 - So Hallett, 1 star you get for the door in your office - the sound it made upon my somewhat diligent close of it when leaving was appropriately satisfying.
Dr. Hallett isn't as bad as everyone is saying on here. He is a bit pompous, but nothing too bad. It's nearly impossible to set up an appointment. The staff is BEYOND RUDE! I've never been treated that way in my life. I needed a refill on my script and the receptionist was unwilling to set up an appointment to adhere to my schedule. I asked her what would happen if I stopped taking my medication and her response was, "You'd have withdrawal." They're beyond uncaring and treat you like you're unimportant. I'm reporting them to the American Medical Association, Please do yourself a favor and stay away from here.
Dr. Hallett is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
Graduated in 1989
Erie County Medical Center
Dr. Michael P Hallett accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Independent Health Encompass HMO
- Independent Health FlexFit HMO
Locations & DirectionsSuburban Psychiatric Associates, 85 Bryant Woods S, Buffalo, NY
Dr. Michael P Hallett is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Buffalo, NY.