Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael D Healy has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michael D Healy has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Michael D Healy has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 7
I was referred to Dr. Healy by a patient of his, who remarked that she felt he was highly qualified and extremely well versed in medicine. I had my first visit to see the doctor several days ago and I concur that Dr. Healy is an excellent physician. First, the office is well located, cheerful and immaculate. The receptionist (Betsy) was very pleasant and efficient. Dr. Healy saw me promptly and was careful and complete in his examination. I did not feel rushed. I found him to be warm and kind in his demeanor. He is very knowledgeable about medicine and pharmacological issues. He took great care to explain identified health issues and treatment. Both Dr. Healy and Betsy have a nice sense of humor which made me feel right at ease. I noted his kindness to a disabled patient scheduled to see him after my appointment ended. I will return to this doctor for follow up. I am pleased to give this internist my highest recommendation.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
39 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara
Graduated in 1979
New Rochelle Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsEssen Medical Associates, 2015 Grand Concourse, Bronx, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael D Healy in this video.
Dr. Michael D Healy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bronx, NY.