Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael J Heck
Dr. Michael J Heck, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Memphis, TN, with another office in Memphis, TN. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Heck is affiliated with Dyersburg Regional Medical Center, Baptist Memorial Hospital Union City and Lauderdale Community Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael J Heck has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Michael J Heck has the following 15 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Joint Replacement
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Herniated Disc
- Bone Fracture
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Knee Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Hip Surgery
Dr. Michael J Heck has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Michael J Heck is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 7
This doctor spends little to no time with his patients. If they have questions or concerns he seems quick to dismiss them. He makes patients and their parents feel stupid when they question the treatment he chooses. The last visit we had lasted less than 5 minutes. The waiting room wait is longer. Very disappointed.
My daughter (6 years old) saw Dr. Heck for an ankle injury. I was very pleased with the way he and his staff interacted with my daughter. They really made an unpleasant experience tolerable as they talked to her and treated her like a person whereas many doctors really only talk to mommy. I was very pleased with his diagnosis and treatment plan as well.
I went to see Dr. Heck with a case of Bursitis which I've been treated for for 15 years before moving to TN. Once in the room with me I explained what the issue was, and how I had been treated for the exact condition for more then 10 years. Dr. Heck took me upstairs to see another Doctor who immediatlly diagnosed the bursitits in my elbow. Doctor Heck then wrapped the elbow and gave me pain meds, I had to see another Doctor two days later because of the pain, who put a cortizone shot into the elbow, resolving the problem in 48 hours.
I'm in no way a needy patience but Dr. Heck spent a total of 5mins in the exam room and 3mins of the 5min were me asking additional questions. As a very avid biker and runner a "possible" stress fracture is a very big deal to me. Doctor Heck default answer to my questions was "the Physical Therapist will advise you on that matter." He replied with that statement ("the Physical Therapist will advise you on that matter.") 3 times before leaving the exam room without any explanation of how long he felt the boot would be worn, is it broken etc. etc.. I stopped Doctor Heck in the hall and asked if I could have something for the swelling and pain and was greeted with "yea, nurses have my notes and will be calling you something in" he did not explain any of the prescriptions before leaving. The nurses were EXTREMELY Nice and friendly and were the only saving grace of this doctors visit. I will not return to the Doctors Office. I have headed great thing about OrthoMemphis but this Doctor missed the mark with me. Maybe others will have a better visit than I did.
Dr. Heck is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1979
Jacksonville Health Ed Prog
Dr. Michael J Heck accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network E
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry PPO - TN
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Memphis PPOx
- Multiplan PPO
- Qualchoice Statewide Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Michael J Heck is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Memphis, TN.