Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Michael A Hennigan has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michael A Hennigan has the following 18 expertise
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Cushing Disease
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Gland Issues
Dr. Michael A Hennigan has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 17
I WAS a patient of Hennigan...Not any more!!! I agree with one of the last reviews on one thing. I want a doctor who is concerned about my health, and tells it like it is. I have found that elsewhere.I know of 5 or 6 others who feel the same way. More power to you if you want to wait two or more hours, not be able to see him when your really sick, & put up with his arrogance when you do finally see him. I don't want a touchy-feely doctor.I don't mind waiting a reasonable amount of time. I do want a doctor I can trust...which I have now. Oh yea...Just wait until you turn 65...see how much he cares about your health when you are on Medicare!!!
Ive been a patient of Dr. Hennigan since he first opened his practice in Decatur. He has treated both my parents. Ive seen his skills and wisdom deepen over the past several decades. He gave my father tender care during his fight with cancer. He has guided my mother through some complicated health issues and continues to monitors her health at age 86. He will be my daughters primary physician when she completes her college education this summer. That will make three generations being treated by Dr. Hennigan. We feel that weve had outstanding care. Being in my fifties, Im secure knowing that my healthcare needs will be met. I have every confidence in him as my physician. I would recommend him to anyone.
Thanks Tim for the kind words. It gives both me and the office staff great pleasure to serve multiple generations in families and to see them all enjoy many healthy years together. Preventing disease in the next generation, before it had happened to the previous generation is one of our goals. I continue to try to do for other families what I am trying to do for my own--prevent what happened to parents from happening to their children. Thanks again for your support.
36 Years Experience
University Of South Alabama College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
University Of Texas Health Science Center
Dr. Michael A Hennigan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
Locations & DirectionsSoutheast Vascular Group, 1717 N E St Ste 533, Pensacola, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael A Hennigan, MD - Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism in Pensacola, FL, in this video.
Dr. Michael A Hennigan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pensacola, FL.