Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael S Hewitt
Dr. Michael S Hewitt, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Aurora, CO. He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Hewitt is affiliated with Avista Adventist Hospital, St Anthony North Hospital and Littleton Adventist Hospital. Dr. Hewitt has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael S Hewitt has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Bone Fracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Herniated Disc
- Joint Replacement
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 29
Mike Hewitt is SUPERFLY amazing! He is super approachable, super funny (in the most respectful way), and super caring. Mike has performed surgery on BOTH of my shoulders, and my husbands knee. Mike is nicely conservative, yet does not minimize your orthopedic issues or treatment. He and his staff at COC place your needs and concerns at the forefront of their objective; to take good care, and follow up with the utmost bedside manner and concern!
I got as far as actually scheduling my surgery...I already had developed mixed feelings about whether to proceed, dr Hewitt made an exceptionally good impression on me, however I became extremely disenchanted dealing with his personal assistant...she came across as having neither compassion or understanding, and had a knack for answering questions and responding to requests in a degrading and overbearing manner; while she was not going to be performing the surgery itself she was the liaison between the patient to be and the doctor himself, making his choice of who to surround himself with quite suspect. it is unfortunate, we both could very well have lost on this one.
Dr. Hewitt is personable, knowledgable and caring. It did take a week and a follow up phone call to get an appointment made for an injection by a different doctor but that was the assistant not Dr. Hewitt. I will continue to go to Dr. Hewitt for my orthopedic needs and I would recommend him to family and friends.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Hewitt is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Tufts University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Southern California Orthopedic Institute
Dr. Michael S Hewitt accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Colorado Front Range
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO Bronze Pathway X HMO
- Anthem CO Gold Pathway HMO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem CO Pathway
- Anthem CO Silver Pathway X HMO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana Colorado HMOx
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsColorado Orthopedic Consultants, 1411 S Potomac St Ste 320, Aurora, CO
Dr. Michael S Hewitt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Aurora, CO.