Have you seen Dr. Michael L Hicks?

I feel a thousand pounds lighter!!!

After receiving my diagnosis of ovarian cancer nearly a month ago, I have been stressed to the max!!! My mom & I decided to go through Karmanos Cancer institute near downtown Detroit as they pride themselves on providing a “team” of Dr’s and making you feel at ease and that they genuinely care!! NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!! The wait time, every appointment was outrageous! You thought you waited for Dr Hicks????? Dr Morris was very robotic and not very detailed. So, I switched to Karmanos in Mt Clemens Michigan! There I was given Dr Hicks as my surgeon! We met with him on Monday & just as everyone else has said, he’s kind, professional, gives lots of details and is not bothered by all the questions! He’s a riot, don’t get me wrong, but I went from thinking I was dying to skipping out of the office ready to face chemo so I can continue to live my life! THANK YOU Dr Hicks & the entire staff at McLaren for always making me feel important! It goes a LONG WAY❤️

His 2nd opinion saved my life!

I had a biopsy done by my gynecologist who referred me to what I thought was a reputable gynecologic oncologist, that was an incorrect assumption! That 1st oncologist wanted to do a partial vulvectomy, a disfiguring surgery that at 43 years old had me horrified I would no longer be attractive to my husband. I went back to that oncologist days before surgery with last minute questions & concerns but did not feel comfortable with his attitude or post op pain control so I went to Dr. Hicks for a 2nd opinion and am currently recovering from a non disfiguring laser surgery instead of a vulvectomy! Dr. Hicks also found areas that were not diagnosed by the 1st oncologist and we both saw the lab reports didnt reflect cervical lesions the 1st oncologist was going to supposedly treat me for. When my insurance EOB came, I also found he billed for an endoscopy that was not done!!! Dr Hicks literally saved my femininity and my life and I couldnt ask for a specialist with a better bedside manner, he drew pictures so my husband and I understood what we were facing and despite the many tears I have cried over this diagnosis, Dr Hicks actually had me confident and laughing by the time my 1st appointment was over and he got me right in for surgery and his staff was great about getting back to me after surgery when I needed help for pain. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Hicks, his staff and the Alice Gustafson Center, how many dr.'s waiting rooms have staff offering snacks and Starbucks for free while you wait?!? I am so blessed to have met and have continuing treatment from Dr. Hicks, and can't thank him enough for his personality, his understanding and for making the worst possible diagnosis easier to cope with emotionally. Anyone needing a gynecological oncologist I would save your time and go straight to Dr. Hicks.

Very attentive to my mother!!!

Dr. Hicks made my mother feelcomfortable and he was patient with explaining the procedure that she needed. He's high spirited and is very kind. Thank you Dr. Hicks

Laughter is the best medicine...

He laughed even at my feeble attempts to be funny and cheerful... great bedside manner.

If you have the time to be treated by an excellent, caring physician, see Dr. Hicks. I have seen some complaints about wait time, however he spends as much time with his patients as they need.

An angel from heaven

Love Dr. Hicks You are blessed to have this Doctor take care of you, there is nobody as unique. Extremely attentive, thorough, professional. Down to earth. He will answer all of your questions, worries, and is there for you. No stone unturned. Very patient, will ease your anxiety. He explains in detail so you do not leave wondering. I highly recommend him for the best care. His bedside manner and sincere compassion is like no other, simply the best, and he has a fantastic sense of humor, which is greatly appreciated during such a difficult road. I don't know what I would have done without him, I wish you the best with your diagnosis, he saved my life.

Liked Dr hicks very much he was nice funny and on track understood me

simply the best

hes a great dr. love him

Wife Mother, Grandmother, seamstress and caregiver to my Mother in Ohio

In 2007 Dr Hicks and his wonderful practitioner Chris consulted with myself and my husband. For several years prior I had suffered with severe mennorigia/severe hemmoraging with my monthly cycle. I had been to my family Dr. Who referred me to another Dr. Who tried the vaginal ablation, that didn't work. Then on to yet another Dr. Who finally referred me to Dr M. Hicks and Chris. I am so very grateful to him. And even tho- this is very long overdue I thank him every day for the compassion, kindness, professionalism,and medical expertise he extended to myself. I am forever grateful to him. I suggested to him to reach out to the genesse county area ( that is where I reside) and I understand that he is now affiliated w Genesse Health Park in Grand Blanc. He is an absolute Asset to his profession. Thank you from the bottom of our heart.

Today I had my second visit with a very unusual Doctor....I must say that Doctor Hicks in my opinion is a very caring and honest man....I am one of the lucky ones and apreciate the honesty and the time spent with me....I would highly recomend Doctor Hicks to anyone. God Bless you Doctor Hicks.

spent time and answered all my quesitons

I was referred to him by my primary care doctor. He spent time, explaining everything and answered all my questions. I felt very at ease. He has a great personality. I recommend him highly.

Dr. Michael L Hicks is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Pontiac, MI.