Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael A Hirsch has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Michael A Hirsch has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Preventive Medicine
- Family Planning
Dr. Michael A Hirsch has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Michael A Hirsch is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
Dr. Hirsch is an excellent physician. He takes time to speak to me and I never feel rushed. He is kind and very knowledgable. As a nurse, I work with many doctors and have a well-rounded perspective. I trust his judgment and he's always provided me with excellent care.
I have been a patient of Dr Hirsch's for over 10 years. I have had only positive experiences with him and in fact have been instrumental in many of my immediate family members (to include my son) also becoming his patient. I think he has a great bedside manner, to include a good sense of humor and the ability to lecture when needed without being insulting or high-handed.
WRONG MEDICATION PRESCRIBED! Unnecessary overdose of aspirin was prescribed to patient with the intention of preventing heart disease. The result was that the patient suffered with internal stomach bleeding and permanent damage of stomach. BE AWARE.
Very sorry to hear about a complication of aspirin use. Aspirin is used in appropriate patients to reduce risk of heart attack, and unfortunately carries a small risk of stomach bleeding. This can be a serious event and in the future you may be prevented from taking aspirin to reduce your heart attack risk. If you have not done so, please schedule a followup visit and we can discuss this event.
Patients' Choice Award (2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Hirsch is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Chestnut Hill Hospital
Dr. Michael A Hirsch accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSpringfield Medical Associates, 1811 Bethlehem Pike Ste 232, Flourtown, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael A Hirsch in this video.
Dr. Michael A Hirsch is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Flourtown, PA.