Dr. Michael Hocko Is this you?

2.7

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Michael Hocko?

The absolute worst

Posted on November 4th, 2015

This person, Michael Hocko, is an embarrassment to the medical profession. He is cruel beyond measure and is derelict in his duties as a physician. He has no business training future physicians, except to demonstrate what NOT to ever do as a physician. He lacks compassion, is incapable of answering questions without injecting his brand of disgusting and inappropriate sarcasm, he talks in circles and says absolutely nothing. He speaks cruelly about the patients within earshot of them. He degrades family members and openly mocks their questions. It is mind-boggling that he is allowed to "treat" people at Sisters Hospital. His privileges should be revoked immediately.

Very Disappointed with Dr. Hocko's Bedside Manner

Posted on December 18th, 2014

I was hospitalized and Dr. Hocko was just assigned to my case. I did not pick him. I was very disappointed with his bedside manner. My wife totally agrees with me on this. In my opinion, he was an absolutely horrible doctor and represented everything you would not want in a doctor. I just hope he isn't passing any of his behaviors onto residents and medical students. I found him to be rude and totally unable or unwilling to explain things to me. He doesn't have a whole lot of "people skills". Maybe he should be confined to a laboratory where he doesn't have to interact with patients. It was reported to me that he is a very smart individual, however he has no bedside manners whatsoever. My advice would be to select a doctor you can talk to and who is willing to talk with you. I subsequently worked with another doctor who was absolutely wonderful.

Posted on December 3rd, 2014

I have never met a more caring doctor . I had a raging infection , he saved my life. I had a double mastectomy, he was so caring and wonderful . I did not mind waiting extra time i. The waiting room because once you are with the doctor he does not rush you. He answers all your questions. Also, if you gave a question or a problem and you call the doctor, you get hi. On the phone and not so e a sewing service. Thank you for being a compassionate and caring doctor.

Mrs.

Posted on July 17th, 2014

I agree with all of the negative reviews. I WAS a patient of Dr Hocko's. His staff is VERY RUDE, his office is dirty, and he's not a very good dr. I would never, ever, go back!!!

Rude Staff!!

Posted on August 25th, 2013

Posted on July 2nd, 2012

Very rude no compassion what so ever no bed side manner or manners period. He is not caring or compassionate towards his patients he is not considerate towards a patients opinions or concerns. Sisters is one of the best hospitals in buffalo and to have a dr. Like him work for him will bring the hospital and reputation down he needs to be fired and attention if dr.hocko personality should be brought to the attention of the admins. Of sisters hosp. He does not deserve to help people.

cruel unsympathic jerk

Posted on May 23rd, 2010

Mhy 79 year old mother was misdagnosed for months and given may needless antibiotics-resulting in an incurable infection. When Dr. Hocko gave her the news-he just started ranting that he has it just as bad-three teenagers to raise. He made her feel so bad she will never go to him again. A man who feels good and has a good job telling someone who will suffer until death that the two situations are comparable-what a cruel jerk.

OUTRAGED!

Posted on October 31st, 2008

After finally getting an appointment (he is only in the office on Fridays) after my hospital stay I entered into a dirty and every unfriendly office. I had to find the receptionist behind a door....no window? she was rude and not at all helpful. When dealing with sick people under stress compassion or even a smile helps. I waited for over two hours in a cramped, crowded and dirty office. I asked about how long of a wait concerned with the over crowded waiting area. I was told about an hour at 2 hours I checked in again. Alarmed! I promised my two young boys I would be at their school parade. The rude woman ....nurse? receptionist ? witch? (It was halloween day )was of no help and I was told it would be at least another half hour if not more! I could not wait any longer that would be over three hours not counting drive time!and still no gaurantee?!I asked to speak with the MD she would not allow me to. I did finally leaver him a note with my disgust and outrage telling him I would be going elsewhere, I was very frustrated and upset and would be leaving this review. SO.....AFTER ALMOST THREE HOURS IN THE DIRTY AND CRAMPED WAITING ROOM WITH THE RUDE RECEPTIONIST I HAD TO LEAVE! I DON'T FEEL WELL, TOOK TIME OFF WORK AND I AM NOW LOOKING FOR ANOTHER MD! IN THIS DAY AND AGE NO PERSON SHOULD WAIT FOR THREE HOURS++ IN A WAITING ROOM UNDER THE CONDITIONS THAT I DID! DO NOT GO TO THIS MD/OFFICE! Demand respect and best of luck!

Posted on July 13th, 2017