Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael Houchin
Dr. Michael Houchin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Parsons, TN. He has 19 years of experience. His specialties include Emergency Medicine and Family Medicine. Dr. Houchin is affiliated with McKenzie Regional Hospital, Humbolt General and Regional Hospital of Jackson. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael Houchin has the following 2 specialties
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Michael Houchin is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
He was extremely rude and would roll his eyes when I spoke telling him my problem and what it was. He didn't control my pain at all. Then he suggested that I go to a different hospital 2 hours away because he said he didn't have any way of helping me and that was it. His bedside manner was horrible and the only thing he did was listen to my heart and lungs which had nothing to do with my issue. Decatur county hospital has completely lost all of my business and my family's business which I'm sure will thrill him so he doesn't have to get off his butt and do his job. That bandaid station needs to be shut down.
Dr. Houchin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
McKenzie Regional Hospital
Regional Hospital of Jackson
Henderson County Community Hospital
Decatur County General Hosp, Parsons, Tn
Decatur County General Hospital
Milan General Hospital
19 Years Experience
East Tennessee State University James H Quillen College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsMichael Blaine Houchin MD, 1522 Bible Hill Rd, Parsons, TN
Dr. Michael Houchin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Parsons, TN.