More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael J Hulstyn has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Disorders
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Injuries
- Hip Osteoarthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
I just had Dr Hulstyn repair my torn lateral meniscus. (7 days ago) He and his Staff are ultra professional! I never dealt with a PA. I only dealt with him. He even saw me for the pre-op and post-op appointments. No one can believe how well I am doing!! I never had any swelling! Leah and Kim in his office are outstanding. Rhode Island Hospital was awesome/clean. From my IV going in painlessly to being taken out via wheelchair to my car it can not have gone smoother. I am almost 54. I look forward to getting back to my hard cardio workouts and skiing. I had gone to another practice before going to Dr Hulstyn. On the day of my appt to decide if I was going to have surgery - they scheduled me to see the PA. Sorry - that was not going to happen. I canceled the appt with that doctor. I am so happy I made the switch. Always go with your gut! I told Dr Hulstyn that he did an amazing job. He complimented the RIH nursing staff and just smiled. He is the BEST!!!! I could go on and on. I must have been asked 20 times which knee was being operated on. They do that on purpose. Dr Hulstyn put his "signature" on my right knee. I never had any fear that they would operate on the wrong knee. I never had swelling/drainage or anything. PS I am a nurse! :) Oh - did I say Dr Hulstyn is amazing? I think you might get the idea!!!
32 Years Experience
The Warren Alpert Medical School Of Brown University
Graduated in 1986
Rhode Island Hospital
Dr. Michael J Hulstyn accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
BCBS Rhode Island
- BCBS RI HealthMate Coast to Coast
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Orthopedics, 2 Dudley St Ste 200, Providence, RI
Dr. Michael J Hulstyn is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Providence, RI.