Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael B Hurwitz has the following 1 specialty
- Gallbladder Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
I was terrified to have hernia surgery after reading about everything that could go wrong. However, Dr. Hurwitz was referred to me by two physicians who I greatly trust. Everything went smoothly, didn't even need to take anything stronger than Tylenol afterwards. Dr. Hurwitz did an amazing job, and I had a difficult situation since I had a lot of scar tissue in the area. Highly recommend.
He fixed me up after a botched surgery performed by another surgeon. I felt like Dr. Hurwitz actually cared about me. I don't want drag the first surgeon's name (rhymes with "curl") thru the dirt but I am certain that if Dr. Hurwitz had been my initial surgeon I would have been spared the additional 3 surgeries, 25-30 additional days in Hoag Hospital, plus the 10 days straight of returning to Hoag each afternoon for a dose of IV antibiotics. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Hurwitz.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2014, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
30 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1988
Dr. Michael B Hurwitz accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTejinder Mohan Kalra Md, 520 Superior Ave Ste 295, Newport Beach, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael B Hurwitz in this video.
Dr. Michael B Hurwitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newport Beach, CA.