Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael J Brooks has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Abdominal Pain
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
Showing 5 of 30
Dr. Brooks is a great doctor. Appointments need to be make in advance. His staff is great. He is thorough, knows his business and is easy to speak with, will answer questions. Given the nature of his specialty, it's hard for his staff to predict how long each visit will take when scheduling. This in only fair so that every person gets the care they need. Sometimes more, sometimes less.
Had the endoscopy done by him. Upon follow up sixth month visit, I still complained about the pain in my stomach. Instead of diagnosing or anything he wanted to do the endoscopy on me again so he can get more money. He in fact told me about money plan too which no doctor tells u personally. I think this guy is very greedy and I don't trust his diagnosis either. Don't goth him. There should be 0 rating star but had to give 1 star
I've only been to Dr. Brooks' office once, but had to wait over an hour before I got called back to an exam room. Based on other feedback, I can only hope that this is the exception and not the rule. I then had a colonoscopy performed. That went very well, but unlike my previous GI doc, I did not get a written report (with pics) at the end of the procedure, only a clean bill of health. I perfer having some written documentation on hand so that if I move I can take these important medical records with me.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2015, 2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2009, 2011, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
27 Years Experience
Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Medical College Of Pennsylvania
Dr. Michael J Brooks accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGastroenterology Specialists, 2600 Glasgow Ave Ste 106, Newark, DE
Dr. Michael J Brooks is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newark, DE.