Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Michael Carlson
Dr. Michael Carlson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Ashland, VA. He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Carlson is affiliated with Bon Secours Richmond Community Hospital, Bon Secours-Memorial Regional Medical and Memorial Regional. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael Carlson has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michael Carlson is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 16
Dr. Carlson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Bon Secours Richmond Community Hospital
Bon Secours-Memorial Regional Medical
Bon Secours Hospital
18 Years Experience
State University of New York at Buffalo
Graduated in 1995
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions635 N Washington Hwy, Ashland, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael Carlson, MD - Internal Medicine in Ashland, VA, in this video.
Dr. Michael Carlson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ashland, VA.