Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael J Cunningham has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Heart Block
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Failure
- Blood Clot
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Attack
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. C as I call him saved my life. The other Cardiologist told my sister before my heart cath that if she believed in God she better start praying. He thought I was never going to live. Dr. C did my heart cath and one artery was completely blocked. Not only that it was SO CLOSE TO MY HEART THEY THOUGHT THE BLOOD CLOT WOULD GO TO MY HEART!!! and then I would be dead!. Dr. C was able to unblock it and the last thing I remember while I was on the table was Dr. C telling the nurses to get the crash cart ready!!! Well when I came to, I KNEW that Dr. C SAVED MY LIFE and I thanked EVERY NURSE AND STUDENT DOC that was in the room for saving my life!!! YOU ROCK DR. C!!!!!!!!!
Dr. Cunningham is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
University Of Utah School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Brigham & Womens Hospital
Dr. Michael J Cunningham accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsThomas Wilson Md, 18599 Lake Shore Blvd Ste 108, Cleveland, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael J Cunningham in this video.
Dr. Michael J Cunningham is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cleveland, OH.