Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael Destefano
Dr. Michael Destefano, MD, FACOG is a Doctor primarily located in South Bend, IN, with other offices in Mishawaka, IN and South Bend, IN (and 4 other locations). He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Destefano is affiliated with Saint Joseph'S Regional Medical Center, Saint Joseph'S Regional Medical Ctr and Memorial Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael Destefano has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
It all depends on what you're looking for in a doctor. I am a husband whose wife had a life-threatening emergency requiring immediate intervention. I can't really speak to how emotionally sensitive Dr. DeStefano might be or whether he seems "caring" enough. In our situation, we needed a veteran with the knowledge and experience to save my wife and baby. I am glad Dr. DeStefano was our doctor. I trusted him with 2 lives last week and he came through. He is a hero to our family. In follow-up, he has been kind and honest. He demonstrates genuine concern for my family. That is all great, but none of it would matter if he had not been masterful when lives were at stake. I do not know Dr. Destefano personally, and had never met him before my wife was going into surgery. I understand he is retiring soon, and wish him the best, though I think this is a shame. He was a great doctor for us.
Dr Destefano is an awful doctor in my opinion. He has no idea how to relate or talk to his patients. He has no compassion and is not willing to answer any questions you might have with out making you feel stupid and even yelling at you. I left during the middle of my appointment and the whole 15 minutes I did spend in his presence, I was belittled by him. It's unfortunate because his staff seems very caring but Dr. Destefano gives the practice a very bad name.
Dr. Destefano is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Saint Joseph'S Regional Medical Center
Saint Joseph'S Regional Medical Ctr
Memorial Hospital Of South Bend
42 Years Experience
University of Illinois at Chicago
Graduated in 1971
Dr. Michael Destefano accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Michael Destefano is similar to the following 3 Doctors near South Bend, IN.