Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael J Gallagher
Dr. Michael J Gallagher, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Troy, MI, with another office in Macomb, MI. He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Gallagher is affiliated with Doctors Hospital Of Michigan and Beaumont Hospital - Troy. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael J Gallagher has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michael J Gallagher has the following 15 expertise
- Heart Failure
- High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Attack
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- Blood Clot
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
Dr. Michael J Gallagher has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Michael J Gallagher is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
I do not recommend Dr. Gallagher. My father was under Dr. Gallaghers care in the ICU at William Beaumont Royal Oak. I got a call from hospital on a Sunday morning that my father was in heart failure. When I arrived at the hospital and was informed of the critical nature of his condition and the fact that there were some life/death decisions that had to be quickly made. When I asked a few questions in order to be able to ascertain what to do, Dr Gallaghers response was that he was not going to explain Cardiology 101 to me. I wouldn't wish this doctor on my worst enemy.
Dr. Gallagher is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Michael J Gallagher accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Michael J Gallagher is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Troy, MI.