The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael J Kraut
Dr. Michael J Kraut, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Southfield, MI. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Medical Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Kraut is affiliated with DMC Detroit Receiving Hospital - University Health Center and Hutzel Womens Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael J Kraut has the following 2 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michael J Kraut has the following 8 expertise
- Soft Tissue Cancer (Sarcoma)
- Clinical Research
- Cancerous Tumor
- Lung Cancer
Dr. Michael J Kraut has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 5
.this rating goes back to twenty years ago whan my mom was placed under Dr. micheal kKrauts care after her lokking doctor relocated. Dr. Kraut was a mean uncaring doctor. My mom was dying from cancer and in pain often, she called me one night from her room crying as a daughter It hurt so bad. Doctor Kraut had advised us if ever an emergency to call. My mom called the phone number given, I gave a follow up call to him where he was mean rude stated that she better not ever call him again , The next day my moms pain meds were uped and by evening she was dead. She was only fifty . His insensitiveness has haunted me through the years.
Dr. Kraut is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Northwestern Memorial Hospital
Dr. Michael J Kraut accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNewland Medical Associates, 22301 Foster Winter Dr Ste 200, Southfield, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael J Kraut in this video.
Dr. Michael J Kraut is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Southfield, MI.