Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael Larkin DO
Dr. Michael Larkin, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Altoona, PA, with other offices in Huntingdon, PA and Altoona, PA . He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Larkin is affiliated with Altoona Regional Health System, Indiana Regional Medical Center and Altoona Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael Larkin has 3 locations
Book Online Now
Dr. Michael Larkin has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michael Larkin has the following 7 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiac Defibrillator Implant
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Pacemaker Implantation
- Unstable Angina
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael Larkin - Posted on May 22nd, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael Larkin - Posted on January 23rd, 2014
AM VERY THANKFUL FOR DR. LARKIN AS IF WEREN'T FOR HIM I DON'T KNOW WHERE MY HUSBAND WOULD BE AND I FIGURE HE WOULD BE DEAD...DR. LARKIN FIXED AND I MEAN FIXED DR. ANASTASI'S SCREW UPS...DR. ANASTASI NEVER GAVE A CHOICE WHO WOULD PUT IN MY HUSBANDS PACEMAKER AND HE SHOULD OF AS DR. ANASTASI SCREWED UP THAT PACEMAKER AND I THANK GOD FOR DR. LARKIN.. IF ANYONE NEEDS A PACEMAKER PUT IN GO TO DR. LARKIN HE KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING....THANK YOU DR. LARKIN AND YOU ARE GREAT JUST LIKE THE REST OF THE DRS. YOU WORK WITH AT CARDILOGY ASSOCIATES...
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Larkin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Altoona Regional Health System
Indiana Regional Medical Center
J. C. Blair Memorial Hospital
JC Blair Memorial Hospital
Altoona Regional Health System Altoona Hospital Campus
25 Years Experience
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Dr. Michael Larkin Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Michael Larkin's office for more information.
1321 11th Ave Altoona, PA : (814) 942-2411
1227 Warm Springs Ave Huntingdon, PA : (814) 643-8478
620 Howard Ave Altoona, PA : (814) 946-2011
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael Larkin, DO - Cardiovascular Disease in Altoona, PA, in this video.
Dr. Michael Larkin is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Altoona, PA.