Dr. Michael Leahy Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Michael Leahy?

Dr. L gets 10 stars but......,

Posted on October 18th, 2017

Love Dr. L!! He is a great surgeon! That's where all the good stops! Why such a talented Dr would allow his practice to be so poorly operated is beyond me. His staff is overworked, overwhelmed and totally confused. The simplest request goes unanswered or mishandled. I have had 4 office visits and I have waited FOUR HOURS past my appt time EVERYTIME. The last visit I was to have a pc of equipment issued to me but by the time I was finally seen the entire office staff had gone home. I was so mad! I didn't even get the pc of equipment I need post surgery .... I was delayed from being discharged and then the wrong item was given to me. The office staff he shares with the multi Dr practice is so rude! They are all very young and I've witnessed them speak with sheer disrespect and impatience to pretty much everyone including the elderly. SADLY I read all these review dating years back and it's only got worse! Spare yourself the frustration and find someone else!

Back office GREAT! Front office HORRIBLE

Posted on January 17th, 2017

The back office Dr. Leahy, John his PA, Jidy and Tia assistant's are Absolutely wonderful but the Front office in both locations needs an overhaul! They don't know how to book appointments. If you make an appointment know ahead that will not be your appointment, they will change time or day numerous times

Awesome

Posted on November 4th, 2016

Dr. Leahey was nice and helpful. He completed surgery on my back. It has never beeb better.

Staff

Posted on September 15th, 2016

Dr leahy is a kind man but I can't say the same for his staff. The staff need to know how to treat patients and they are not honest. They will lie to you and try to pass you off. If you can speak directly to dr leahy he is a wonderful man, skilled surgeon and has a good bedside manner. Unfortunately I haven't been back due to poor attitude and treatment by his staff and I was nothing but kind, courteous with them. Dr Leah is a 5/5, his staff is a 1/5.

Posted on April 4th, 2016

Love this guy! The absolute most caring, concerned and conscientious doctor in town. Without a doubt.

Horrible

Posted on November 9th, 2015

All I can say is the entire office cannot get it together. My husband and I called and left messages and email for weeks trying to get my records with no success. My husband had to take off work to drive to Houston and get them. All my records were full of false documentation. He claimed he did all kinds of stuff to me which he didn't and stuff that was completely opposite of why I was there to see him. His license should be revoked!!!

Posted on September 16th, 2015

The wait time is horrible. They over book and they know it. I have left after 2 hrs of waiting. My time is just as precious and it upsets me to waste 2 hrs of my life!

Do not use this doctor

Posted on June 16th, 2015

Would never recommend this doctor to anyone! I'm worse of now after my surgery. He doesn't explain anything well. He was very hard to be seen by. Filled out my medical file improperly.

Terrible service

Posted on March 30th, 2015

My wife had a sudden back spasm and couldnt move. We have a 2 month old baby and it we got an appointment with Dr. Leahy . Once there, it was a nightmare,,as we only got an assitant and got x rays,, which we had already brought from the ER we visited. His staff was not able to get our insurance to cover it because of some technicism in which Dr. Leahy needed to make a simple call and explain. He never did,, as he was always on surgery or busy. We waited like this for TWO weeks and he couldnt do anything,,I had to go back 3 times and begged to get this resolved and nothing. My wife was in bed and I couldnt go to work because I had to take care of the baby. It was a nightmare.. We ended up visiting another doctor in Houston and got taken excellente care in one day.

Posted on August 6th, 2014

While quite a brilliant skilled and trained professional, I just got the feeling he really didn't care all that much. It was like my opinion didn't matter, although it was my body

Dr. Leahy

Posted on March 17th, 2014

This brilliant surgeon saved my husband's life. There are no words adequate to express the gratitude we have toward him for his compassion, skill and expertise. He is a hero in this family's eyes.

Dr. Leahy - Great. TOSM office - Nightmare.

Posted on March 15th, 2014

First let me say Dr. Leahy is great, highly recommend him as a spinal surgeon, can't say enough good things about him as an individual. That being said, the office of TOSM where he works (they service many doctors besides him) is a nightmare. Hard to reach, very unresponsive and wait times are terrible. Every one of my appointments have been very very delayed, and not just 15-20 minutes which is normal but much much longer. On my last appointment and the one that is prompting me to write this review I was seen just under 2 HOURS after my appt time. When I first checked in they told me there were still 9 patients ahead of me, and the staff acts like it is no big deal! Dr. Leahy is great, but be prepared for extreme waits for office visits.