More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael MacDonald
Dr. Michael MacDonald, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Madison, WI, with another office in Madison, WI. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatric Endocrinology and Pediatrics. Dr. MacDonald is affiliated with St. Mary's Hospital Medical Center-Madison, Meriter Hospital Inc and St. Mary's Hospital Medical Center-Green Bay. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael MacDonald has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Endocrinology
Endocrinologists treat disorders related to our glands and the hormones they produce. Because hormones play a key role in the growth and development of children, these conditions often pose different threats to children than they do adults. That’s where a pediatric endocrinologist comes in.
They can diagnose and treat hormonal disorders such as abnormal thyroid function, growth complications and early or delayed puberty. Ambiguous genitals as well as ovarian and testicular dysfunction are also part of their expertise. Childhood obesity, diabetes and problems with low blood sugar also tie back to hormone function and may require consulting with a pediatric endocrinologist.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
We have had Dr. M MacDonald for almost 4 years now and love him!! He spends a lot of time with myself and my husband and also takes the time to talk and listen to my 8 year old daughter with T1D. The staff also takes time and goes over everything with us including continued management and future Rx's. The overall experience with UW madison has been wonderful!!
Dr. MacDonald is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St. Mary's Hospital Medical Center-Madison
Meriter Hospital Inc
St. Mary's Hospital Medical Center-Green Bay
UW Health-UW Hospital & Clinics
43 Years Experience
Washington University In St Louis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1970
Dr. Michael MacDonald accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Michael MacDonald is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Madison, WI.