Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael J Mckenna
Dr. Michael J Mckenna, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Las Vegas, NV. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Pain Medicine and Anesthesiology. Dr. Mckenna is affiliated with Summerlin Medical Center and Valley Hospital Medical Center. Dr. Mckenna has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael J Mckenna has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Michael J Mckenna has the following 12 expertise
- Spinal Injuries
- Complex Regional Pain Syndromes
- Muscle Spasticity
- Spinal Cord Diseases
- Brain Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Dr. Michael J Mckenna has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Michael J Mckenna is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 42
u might as well go to russia because my doctor works here now and i have been told under no sircumstances can i see dr dale after he has been my doctor four 4 years. The one doctor that knows everything about me but they will not except me. I REALLY FEEL LIKE IM LIVING IN RUSSIA THIS PLACE MUST BE THE WORST
dr Delaney has been my doctor four 4 years and was very good to me an excellent doctor he goes to work at your office dr McKenna and I call to make an appt to see him and I'm told that is not gonna happen . I gave my phone number and get called back a week later by a girl who answers the phone where is the courtesy I at least expected dale to call and let me know whats going on. U go to a doctor four 4 years then he goes to work 5 minutes away and I'm told under no circumstances will I be allowed to see him. no loyalty after 4 years
Sent me to another place where I had approximately 12 injections in my neck causing a lot of pain. Couldn't move my neck for 2 days. At the follow up with Dr McKenna he wanted to send me to another place to receive different neck injection. When I told him no that's not even where the pain is coming from he fired me as his patient.
I fondly refer Dr. McKenna as "St. Michael of McKenna"! He makes miracles happen. Yes the wait can be long - sometimes terribly long! That's because the patient(s) ahead of you need more of his time and energy. When it's your turn, he's there to help with whatever causes you pain. I've been his patient since 2/2000. He's kept me walking, standing upright and relatively pain free.
Patients' Choice Award (2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Mckenna is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1984
University Of Washington Medical Center
Dr. Michael J Mckenna accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HMO Nevada
- Anthem NV Choice PPO
- Anthem NV Pathway PPO
- Anthem NV Pathway X HMO Ind Direct Access
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
One Health Network
- One Health Network
Prominence Health Plan
- Prominence S NV - Universal Health Network PPO Employer
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMckenna And Ruggeroli Pain Specialists, 6070 S Fort Apache Rd Ste 100, Las Vegas, NV
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael J Mckenna in this video.
Dr. Michael J Mckenna is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Las Vegas, NV.