Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael J Mulligan
Dr. Michael J Mulligan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mountain View, CA. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Allergy & Immunology. Dr. Mulligan is affiliated with El Camino Hospital Mountain View Campus. Dr. Mulligan has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael J Mulligan has the following 1 specialty
- Allergy & Immunology
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Hay Fever
- Food Allergies
- Watery Eyes
- Nasal Allergies
- Atopic Dermatitis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
I've been seeing Dr Mulligan for many years and he's really helped me turn my health around. I've struggled with allergy induced asthma for years. Dr Mulligan helped me get my allergies and asthma under control, and maintain it without a lot of harsh drugs. I haven't had an asthma attack in ages, and now I'm able to exercise regularly so I've lost weight. Dr Mulligan is always very attentive and makes me feel like he will spend as much time with me as I need. He gives me plenty of time to ask questions and patiently and clearly explains everything in ways that are easy to understand. He is a caring and supportive doctor who has helped me get healthy!
This guy gave me a spirometry test and said I didn't have asthma. 3 months later and at least 7 drugs later, he claims I do have it. Worst thing about it, he never told me that I have asthma. My brother in law who's a doctor in MN. said that allergists are like used car salesman and to never trust them. Last visit he prescribed 5 different medications and said he didn't know what was causing my symptoms, the appt. took over two hours as well. Doesn't listen to his patients and does not describe the side effects or give alternatives. Bad, bad, bad.
Very bad experience. The side effects were not explained prior to being prescribed. No insight was provided into the allergy and asthma symtoms nor the type of medicine prescribed. Appointment was done in less than 20 mins, the doctor was talking about his vacation with kids instead. This was not the first time. The support staff is usually good.
Excellent doctor! As someone mentioned in one of the reviews, he is very kind, calm, thorough, good bedside manners and referred us to other doctors whenever necessary. He is very experienced too, know what works and what does not without doing trial and error on you. I am fotunate we finally found such a good doctor for our whole family!Initial appointment has some wait, but once you are an established patient it is relatively easy to get in.
Very disappointed during my visit last month, did not give the right medication and I specifically asked for it as recommended by my PCP, only to see my asthma flare up!
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Mulligan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
University Of California San Diego School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Dr. Michael J Mulligan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPalo Alto Medical Foundation Mountain View Center, 701 E El Camino Real, Mountain View, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael J Mulligan in this video.
Dr. Michael J Mulligan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mountain View, CA.