Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael J Smith has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Michael J Smith has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Michael J Smith is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Would not recommend. Terrible with children. Lacking bedside manner and communication skills. Loud, verbally attacking and disrespectful. Displays knowledge of medicine, diagnosis and treatment. Amazing nurse and staff. Rated Dr. with one star, because I had to. There should be a 0 star option. 5 stars for the nurse and staff.
Dr. Smith went above and beyond from listening to my symtoms, to collaborating with other physicians, to a diagnosis. I thoroughly appreciated the phone call after hours to share test results, ask questions and organize the next step. He was not afraid to refer me to another specialist in order to take us one step closer to a diagnosis. All of these steps led to confirmed diagnosis and allowed me to have complete confidence in continuing my care with him. I appreciate the time he spent with me and my family to help us better understand my health. He is very intelligent and allowed me to feel at ease with his long term plan.
started out well, then digressed into his personal political beliefs which are opposite of mine. Also spouted factually incorrect diatribe on health care reform to scare my family. Whatever. That's okay, but I don't care, especially when I'm paying $189 for a 5 minute visit that started :30 minutes late. Too busy to sign forms while there, follow-up terrible, took literally WEEKS to respond to nultiple phone calls an emails. Missed vaccinations, filled out incorrect information on forms, etc... Generally lazy. Won't visit again.
30 Years Experience
Creighton University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Dr. Michael J Smith accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Gundersen Health Plan
- Gundersen Health Plan Select Network
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Unity Health Insurance
- Unity Health Ins Unity Network
- WPS Group
Locations & DirectionsOakleaf Clinics, 714 W Hamilton Ave, Eau Claire, WI
Dr. Michael J Smith is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Eau Claire, WI.