Dr. Michael Thomas Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael Thomas?

Wolf Parkinson White Syndrome

Posted on October 15th, 2017

February 2003 i was Diagnosed with Wolf Parkinson White Syndrome . DR Martin and his associates Diagnosed Me and Executed a Step by step Pre-op plain for the day of and day after surgery with ease. Thank's to Dr.Martin and the staff of U.N.C. i was in surgery early am and back home and on the job with in 48 hours.

Posted on August 7th, 2016

Excellent doctor. Very good to work with.

ready to move on

Posted on March 25th, 2015

The quintessential practice that will make decisions based on test results (one) in spite of overwhelming symptoms (at least in my case). My research - medical sites, not message boards - clearly indicated that the tests they ordered ARE NOT conclusive and further investigation and testing should be done if symptoms are clearly presenting. I find Dr Thomas to be nice enough and willing to answer questions, but the PA isn't as knowledgeable as I would like. Simple testing like tsh/free t4... did not order a FT4 until Dr Thomas had to tell her it was fundamental for determining thyroid function. really? I KNEW THAT. She's young and only a couple yrs out of school, so maybe that's the reason, but pretty basic stuff. In several cases, I felt that she did not confer with Dr Thomas as she stated and made unilateral decisions and I am NOT comfortable with that. I'm looking for another endo - one that will look at the entire picture and not make decisions based on the results of one test. frustrated.

Really good experience!

Posted on May 7th, 2013

I'm shocked that there's actually an office around that knows how important my time is, and that I don't want to come back a hundred times for a problem. The doctor took his time with me and made sure I understand all my treatment options before making any decisions. I'd recommend this place to anyone who wants that special attention that doctors offices don't give anymore.

Would not recommend - much better endocrinologists in the area

Posted on December 2nd, 2012

1) Had to wait 3 weeks for prescription refill while I was completely out of medicine. The excuse from the PA was they are understaffed at the moment. The PA also claimed they only received 1 FAX from my pharmacist, when in fact they received many. After contacting the doctor myself, it still took 2 weeks to get my prescription refilled. Any good doctor/PA would have immediately refilled the prescription.2) Does not understand Hashimoto's. PA claimed that patients typically don't have under active thyroid symptoms until TSH is over 10, which is absolutely absurd.

Best for non-diabetes care in Raleigh

Posted on October 23rd, 2012

This practice doesn't do diabetes, but that's why I went there. I had a thyroid nodule and it would have taken several months to get in with another endocrinologist. But because these guys don't clog up their schedules with diabetic patients, I was able to get in within two weeks. Thank goodness too...it was thyroid cancer.

Unhappy patient

Posted on August 28th, 2012

I saw Dr Thomas to confirm a diagnosis from my family practioner. He gave me his opinion but did not follow-up. He told me to let my symptoms run their course. I was unhappy with his office and I thought it felt dirty.

Posted on May 21st, 2012

After reading the reviews here I wouldn't send my enemies to see him, let alone go for my own health. Sounds like he needs to fire his staff and retire. Or at least learn there is such a thing as the internet and work on getting his act together.

Posted on November 23rd, 2011

I can't tell you how frustrating and disturbing it has been dealing with his office. If anyone knows of another Dr. in this area please let me know!!! He needs to clean house and start over again with people who can schedule appointments to see the doctor when he's NOT on vacation- and that's the least of my complaints.....

Posted on May 23rd, 2011

I went to see Dr. Thomas for my newly diagnosed thyroid nodule and hypothyroidism. He acted like I was an inconvience to his schedule because his nurse practitioner wasn't able to work that afternoon due to having to go home to her baby. He didn't want to see any of his patients because of this. But I was seen and because my problem wasn't what he was doing a current study on he wasn't interested in helping me with my problem. Because of him I still haven't been able to get the nerve up to find another doctor because I am concerned that they will not want to treat my condition. Very disappointed with the practice as a whole.Not a friendly office at all.

Looking for a new doctor

Posted on October 20th, 2010

The office staff is horrendous. A little politeness would go a long way, but they can't seem to be bothered. The front desk receptionists are always abrupt and dismissive. I receive better customer service at a gas station.Obtaining an initial appointment was easy. Getting in for a follow-up has been impossible. I have literally called the office numerous times... no one is calling me back.Courtney, one of Dr. Thomas' PAs, was excellent. I really liked her. But then Dr. Thomas was brought in and spent five minutes repeating exactly what Courtney had said. How is this a good use of my time (or his)?I am looking for a new endocrinologist.

Posted on September 21st, 2010

Slow in giving test results.