The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael T Jaklitsch has the following 1 specialty
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
Dr. Michael T Jaklitsch has the following 19 expertise
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Pleural Effusion
- Vascular Malformations
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Diabetes Complications
- Varicose Veins
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Mesothelioma (Asbestos-related Cancer)
- Video-Assisted Thoracic Surgery
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Coronary Disease
- Pneumonectomy (Lung removal)
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
Showing 5 of 16
In 2005 I was diagnosed with throat cancer and was treated for that in New Hampshire. Two years later almost to the day I was diagnosed again that my cancer had metastasized to a tumor deep between my lungs. I was told that this stage 4 cancer was inoperable. Days before my chemo and radiation were begin my local oncologist asked if I would be willing to go to Boston to see the best doctors in the country. YES, was my response. Long story short, after being examined and tested, Dr Jakilitsch was brought over to Dana Farber from Brigham and Womans and after discussing and looking at my case, he said of course I can operate. WOW.! I had a chance. A small chance . I sit here cancer free today just days after my 6 year visit to Dana Farber and 7 years after I was told inoperable. I am able to tell others my story and share my experience of never give up. All to the wonderful doctors at Dana Farber and Brigham and Womens and especially to my real life hero Dr. Jakilitsch. I truly believe without Dr Jak I would not be here to tell this story. Forever grateful.
Wife endured a painful lung operation which provided no benefit she passed several weeks latter from an infection from the operation. This doctor told us she had a 92 to 96% survival chance before doing the operation we were excited and allowed the operation. The real truth was she probable had a 0 to 30% chance of survival would not go to B & W again.
32 Years Experience
University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
University Of Alabama Hospital
Dr. Michael T Jaklitsch accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael T Jaklitsch in this video.
Dr. Michael T Jaklitsch is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.