Dr. Michael Older Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Michael Older?

Unnecessary tests

Posted on September 2nd, 2015

As others have said, he will try to get you to have unnecessary tests and exams done when they are not needed. I had to argue with him to do a much simpler test. Also, he will not send a prescription to a pharmacy when your test is positive, he will make you go get it from him, by scheduling another appointment and collecting your co payment and insurance payment. He will not answer any question that you may have on the phone.

Test Mill

Posted on April 8th, 2014

I don't know whether my experience was normative, but I will certainly NOT return to this physician. On an initial visit during the course of an acute attack, he failed to examine me, cut me off as I was briefly explaining the episode, ordered numerous tests (for which he is amply reimbursed) and failed to order a blood test, which would have been critical in identifying other alternative diagnoses. Then, after inconclusive tests, he placed me indefinitely on omeprazole, which is a drug with significant side effects and which should not be prescribed long term for less than significant reason. I will not see him again.

Anemia

Posted on October 18th, 2013

I was anemic. Dr. Older did an endoscopy on me and found out where I was bleeding from, which, in turn, caused my anemia. He has been treating the problem by cauterizing the ruptured veins in the upper part of my stomach. I have to go do this every 4-6 weeks. It's been 7 treatments so far with more to come. He cannot do it all at once because it's not safe. I wouldn't have any other Dr. take care of me. I like Dr. Older very much. He's an awesome Dr. and is very knowledgable. After each procedure, he talks to my husband and me while I'm in the recovery room. He always asks if I have any questions. Also asks how I'm feeling. He is very professional, which sometimes may come across as having no "bedside manner" but he does, in my opinion. The only thing I would recommend would be for the Dr's office to follow up the next day after you have a procedure. I don't have anything negative to say about Dr. Older. I would recommend him to people.

Great Job!

Posted on September 20th, 2013

Dr. Older is an excellent doctor. He listens to the patient. His bedside manner was professional and caring when I had surgery. He took many tests and thoroughly studied each of them and correctly diagnosed me and treated my problem when another doctor misdiagnosed my situation.

Pompous + Arrogant "Doctor"

Posted on June 11th, 2013

Saw " Dr." Older for the first time back in 2001 for some minimal heartburn at night, and a constant post nasal drip that was affecting my quality of life. He diagnosed, or I shoud say MIS-diagnosed my ailments as GERD and proceeded to prescribe a PPI immediately for me, as well as an upper endoscopy. The "scopes" are what this guy wants from you, and once you have completed them, you will not hear from him until he wants "to take another look". Kept changing PPI reflux medications on me, doubling dosages and scheduling more tests. Still felt lousy. Now after 10 years of being under his care and on his recommended medications, I have now been diagnosed correctly with Osteoporosis at 50 years of age. Stay away from this quack and you'll remain healthy. Enough said. Now I have come to find out ALL of my supposed GERD symptoms were manifested from an aggressive yeast overgrowth, and severe food allergy. This guy was insistent that I was suffering from GERD...and he was dead wrong.

Agree with Lou

Posted on March 4th, 2013

He was very rude, would not listen to my symptoms, kept telling me we are humans not machines every time I tried to talk. Made me cry. Told me my primary doc was useless and not telling me to take the medicine correctly-btw-she doesnt like him either. Said he could fix me, and a few years later, still have the same issue.

Something is amiss.

Posted on September 5th, 2012

As a doctor he is quick and gets the job done and is a great surgeon. But there have been a few inconsistancies since I have been seeing him. After a colonoscopy he had said nothing was out of the ordinary and everything seemed fine. The next day I'm staring at a glove I had just passed through my bowels... So I asked and he just brushed it aside. Said he hadn't seen anything out of the ordinary. I am seeing him a year after suffering the same issues I saw him for (1 yr ago) and he makes me feel as if I am to blame. I've kept up with the medications and have made a real effort to get the fiber I need and he treated me with same medications that I took a year ago. Personally I have done much research into my issues and feel he has not even listened to my words. Saying that the current issue is not the one I saw him before for. But I've tried to make it clear that the first time it never went away. I'm swapping to a new doc ASAP. I've read from multiple sites and all have ranked him poorly or at best, average. I feel as though he's making me jump through hoops that I really don't need to be jumping. I may be young but even I know something's up.

Posted on June 7th, 2012

The perfect Gentleman. I would recommend Dr Older to anyone, his bedside manner was first class

Posted on April 2nd, 2012

He really knows his stuff. Helped me out but he's not a warm and fuzzy guy.

Posted on January 18th, 2012

I was really nervous Dr. Older made me feel comfortable and at ease. He told me everything that could be causing me my problems and then told me what he could do for me. His staff couldn't was great. They made me feel at ease with everything. After my surgery, he personally came in and talked to me and told me everything he found. Then my results came back and his staff called me and was very helpful in explaining everything to me, I would recommend Dr. Older

Surgeons aren't talkers but he IS very good.

Posted on November 7th, 2011

I came in with a list of questions on my second visit and that seems to be the way to go. He does better with bedside manner that some here would give him credit for, but when I called in pain early on a Satursday morning to his answering service he was back to me in 15 minutes and had a prescription ready for pickup an hour later. Very efficient and knows what he is talking about. My spouse does help me advocate with doctors but that's the way it is nowadays. For a surgeon he has a decent personality.

Dorian

Posted on August 19th, 2011

I'm so glad I didn't judge Dr. Older from the negative comments on here, I almost did. I found Dr. Older to be very gentle, kind and most important KNOWLEDGEABLE in his field.His staff is wonderful as well. I highly recommend Dr. Older.