Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael K Oconnor MD
Dr. Michael K Oconnor, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Newark, NJ, with another office in Millburn, NJ. He has 51 years of experience. His specialties include Geriatric Medicine and Psychiatry. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael K Oconnor has 2 locations
225 Millburn Ave Ste 210
Millburn, NJ 07041
Dr. Michael K Oconnor has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Michael K Oconnor has the following 17 expertise
- Sleep Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Clinical Depression
- Cognition Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Parkinson Disease
- Temporal Lobe Epilepsy
51 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1968
Dr. Michael K Oconnor Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Michael K Oconnor's office for more information.
393 Central Ave Newark, NJ : (973) 912-0200
225 Millburn Ave Ste 210 Millburn, NJ 07041
Locations & Directions
Dr. Michael K Oconnor is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Newark, NJ.