- 9 years of experience
- Speaks English
- The Brody School Of Medicine At East Carolina University
- 3 specialties
- 2 locations
Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael K Ritchie MD
Dr. Michael K Ritchie, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Greenville, NC, with another office in Brooklyn, NY. He has 9 years of experience. His specialties include Emergency Medicine, Critical Care Medicine and Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael K Ritchie has 2 locations
450 Clarkson Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11203
Book Online Now
Dr. Michael K Ritchie has the following 3 specialties
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
9 Years Experience
The Brody School Of Medicine At East Carolina University
Graduated in 2009
Suny Health Science Center
Dr. Michael K Ritchie Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Michael K Ritchie's office for more information.
2100 Stantonsburg Rd Greenville, NC : (252) 847-4100
450 Clarkson Ave Brooklyn, NY 11203
Locations & Directions
Dr. Michael K Ritchie is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Greenville, NC.