2.5

Neutral

Very uncomfortable, traumatic experience

In two of the appointments I had with him, he touched me inappropriately, fondling me (despite my demand that he stop) until I was able to get off the examination table and move away from him (the part of me he touched had nothing to do the reason for my visit). Several of the incisions he made were haphazardly and irregularly stitched, pulling the skin in such a way as to cause significant problems in healing. Anesthetizing my scalp to remove a mole, he drove the needle into my skull so hard, the noise made actually frightened me and caused me to think he’d broken the tip of the needle off. The injection site bled profusely for several hours. Hair stitched into the incision caused an infection of the wound. He was abusive, coarse, self-interested, and had no concern for what he had done physically. As he was the only dermatologist in the large managed-care medical practice, I had to be seen by him or not at all — hence the repeat visit — though I twice reported the incident to a Patient Care Representative. Not until the second incident of inappropriate touch and my subsequent reports of the second incident was I finally allowed to visit a dermatologist outside of the practice. Never would I recommend that anyone I cared for be seen by him.

Best dermatologist I have ever had.

Horrible experience...

3 words sum up this doctor; abrasive, uncommunicative and incompetent. Waited 2 months to see him and discovered it was a complete waste of time.

Beware of this Doctor

I would never let a loved one go to Dr. Zang for medical treatment. My father went in to have a spot on his face looked at. He had seen Dr. Zang on a previous occasion, so Dr. Zang had all of my father's medical history right in front of him. Before my father knew it, Dr. Zang was cutting on his face, but guess what? My father was on coumadin....a blood thinner and the information was right there in his medical chart. It is mandatory that you wait at least one to two weeks after the patient has stopped taking this medication before you do any type of surgical procedure. Well, we spent most of that night in the ER trying to get the bleeding stopped. The poor ER doctor was trying everything he could think of and it took about two hours for the blood flow to finally slow down. It was a horrible and frightening experience and trust me, Dr. Zang's office heard about it the next day. So beware of this doctor. He obviously doesn't want to take the time to look at a patient's history or is in too much of a hurry to make a buck!!

Good Doc

Dr. Michael K Zang is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Modesto, CA.