Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael Karl
Dr. Michael Karl, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Miami, FL, with another office in Hialeah, FL. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism. Dr. Karl is affiliated with Jackson North and Jackson Memorial Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael Karl has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Addison Disease (Hypocorticism)
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Graves Disease (Thyroid Eye Disease)
- Neuroendocrine Tumors
- Pituitary Gland Cancer
- Thyroid Cancer
- Thyroid Diseases
- Thyroid Nodule
Showing 5 of 26
Dr. Karl, was a GOD GIVEN gift for the people who are suffering any endocrine problems. He takes time to see his patients, he listens and connects signs and symptoms with the laboratory results and diagnostic procedures. He makes you understand your diagnosis and signs and symptoms so you will be a part of your care. He works with you and you feel so special when you are in his clinic. He practice medicine the way it should be and not be dictated by the "RUSH" and 'quick in and out of patient' for FINANCIAL resasons. He sees and treat patients accurately because he listens to them. He gives a very thorough explanation of your condition and gives you an extensive education to understand and participate in your treatment plan. HE is really my HERO. Without him I should not be alive today. Thanks Dr. Karl! You are doing a great job to the people of GOD.
Hands down the best MD I have ever seen. Unlike most other MD's which run an assembly line, Dr. Karl spent TWO HOURS with me! He had a system, he asked all pertinent questions and listened when I was talking. No interruptions. To say that he was thorough is an understatement. I would recommend this physician to anyone. The only downside is it takes a while to get appointment and then to get the follow-up...a small price to pay in my opinion.
Dr. Karl is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Jackson Memorial Hospital
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael Karl in this video.
Dr. Michael Karl is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Miami, FL.