Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael D Keppen has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Hepatitis C
- Lung Cancer
- Palliative Care
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Clinical Research
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Blood Cancer
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
Showing 5 of 9
I was diagnosised with an aggressive breast cancer a mere 86 days after the death of both my parents. I was only 50 years old at the time. Throughtout my whole "cancer experience" Dr. Keppen was kind while being very forthright and honest. I appreciated that so much! He has always returned any telephone calls my husband had with concerns. We never felt rushed, or that our questions were stupid, and he never talked medicine that was way over our heads. He spent time with us at each office call and always explained things to us. I can't say enough good about Dr. Keppen and Sanford Oncology. They are second to none and we are blessed to have them in our geographical area.
Dr. Keppen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
Sanford School Of Medicine The University Of South Dakota
Graduated in 1978
University Of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
Dr. Michael D Keppen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IA PPO
HealthPartners - MN
- HealthPartners MN CareChoices
- HealthPartners MN CentraChoice
- HealthPartners MN Distinctions II
- HealthPartners Open Access
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSanford Hematology And Oncology, 1309 W 17th St Ste 101, Sioux Falls, SD
Dr. Michael D Keppen is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Sioux Falls, SD.