Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael Kesselbrenner
Dr. Michael Kesselbrenner, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Ridgewood, NJ. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine, Cardiology and Interventional Cardiology. Dr. Kesselbrenner is affiliated with St Joseph's Regional Medical Center, Valley Hospital and Saint Barnabas Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael Kesselbrenner has the following 4 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Interventional Cardiology
An interventional cardiologist has the same training as a cardiologist and they're well-versed in all types of heart disease and how to diagnose heart problems. The difference is that interventional cardiologists have additional expertise and training on specific interventional treatments for heart disease, such as angioplasties and stents. These methods use catheterization, which reduces recovery time as well as scarring after surgery.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
Dr. Kesselbrenner is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Joseph's Regional Medical Center
Saint Barnabas Medical Center
Monmouth Medical Center
New York Presbyterian / Westchester
The Valley Hospital, Ridgewood
Saint Joseph`s Hospital & Med Center
VALLEY HOSPITAL & MED CTR
New York Presbyterian / Westchester
New York Presbyterian HospitalColumbia Presbyterian Center
Clara Maass Medical Center
New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
ST JOSEPHS HOSP & MEDICAL CTR
NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell
35 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 1978
Dr. Michael Kesselbrenner accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Amerihealth Local Value Network
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- First Health PPO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsGarden State Cardiology, 1124 E Ridgewood Ave, Ridgewood, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael Kesselbrenner in this video.
Dr. Michael Kesselbrenner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ridgewood, NJ.