Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael B Kimmey
Dr. Michael B Kimmey, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tacoma, WA. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Kimmey is affiliated with Mary Bridge Children's Hospital & Health Center and St Joseph Medical Center. Dr. Kimmey has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael B Kimmey has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michael B Kimmey has the following 35 expertise
- Rectal Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Stomach Diseases
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Hepatitis C
- Gastrointestinal Diseases (GI Diseases)
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Fainting (Syncope)
- Abdominal Pain
- Catheter Ablation
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Stomach Ulcer
- Colonic Pseudo-Obstruction
- Ultrasonic Endoscopy (EUS)
- Digestive System Endoscopy (EGD)
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Celiac Disease
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Colon Cancer
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Barrett Esophagus
- Precancerous Conditions
Dr. Michael B Kimmey has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Michael B Kimmey is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
He couldn't get me out the door fast enough....All the while I was trying to talk to him he kept looking at his watch....I was probably in there 5 minutes tops.....
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Dr. Kimmey is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
Washington University In St Louis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Dr. Michael B Kimmey accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
Group Health Coop
- Group Health Coop Alliant Plus Connect
- Group Health Coop Core
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
Locations & DirectionsFranciscan Digestive Care Associates, 1112 6th Ave Ste 200, Tacoma, WA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael B Kimmey in this video.
Dr. Michael B Kimmey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tacoma, WA.