Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael R Kirkwood
Dr. Michael R Kirkwood, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Ft Mitchell, KY, with another office in Florence, KY. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Kirkwood is affiliated with St Elizabeth Medical Center South. Dr. Kirkwood has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael R Kirkwood has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Michael R Kirkwood has the following 12 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
Dr. Michael R Kirkwood has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Michael R Kirkwood is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
The reason the wait time is so high with Dr. Kirkwood is becasue he is such an amazing doctor. He makes sure every question is answered, he takes his time to make sure you understand what is going on and he really makes an effort to understand your feelings, instead of just rolling over you with a random diagnosis.
Most compassionate doctor I have ever went to. He cares and it so shows when he meets with you. The wait is so worth your vist with him. One of the most professional, niceness, doctors I know. He is so worth the wait!
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Kirkwood is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Good Samaritan Hospital
Dr. Michael R Kirkwood accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Premier Health Plan
- Premier HealthOne
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael R Kirkwood in this video.
Dr. Michael R Kirkwood is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ft Mitchell, KY.