Dr. Michael Knable Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Michael Knable?

Posted on April 8th, 2014

There is no reason to recommend this man to any patient. He exhibits a supreme lack of patient compassion and has no communication skills. He is unprofessional, has no empathy and provides little medical assistance other writing scripts and medicating.his billing staff is incompetent as well. Luckily he is leaving his practice so while this rating may be unnecessary, my loved one's needs were so blatantly ignored it must be noted.

care of my daughter with bipolar disorder

Posted on June 12th, 2013

He has great credentials as he specializes in mood disorders and is board certified in neurology and psychiatry. He is very uncaring and seeming uninterested in family input. He insisted we have our family member receive a psychological evaluation by his psychologist even though we provided him one from our daughter's psychologist. We had to pay him just under $3000 for this evaluation. We learned nothing new from it and it did not result in any change to her care. Dr. Knable's bedside manner was such that he seemed to not care at all the travails our daughter was going through. Regarding the several thousand dollars we paid him for the redundant psychological evaluation, I attribute this to his taking advantage of us during our vulnerable time of desperately wanting to get care for our daughter. After all is said and done, she is neither doing better nor worse than when he first assumed her care. We have since changed psychiatrists.

Posted on April 16th, 2013

I'm a (now) highly functional bipolar person that has a career /raises a family and was under the care of a well-regarded (and very expensive) psychiatrist prior to Dr. Knable. We sure talked a lot but the medications were not tweaked to my satisfaction and I finally switched after some years. I am very pleased with the stability I have achieved with the pharmacological changes proposed by Dr. Knable, who I have seen for several years. He's not there to be my best friend or a "yes man." I appreciate his honesty and directness. The truth about oneself can sting a bit, but can also lead to an improvement not just in one's psychiatric health, but one's character.

Uncaring

Posted on February 8th, 2013

He was very cold - completely lacking in compassion and empathy. I felt like I was bothering him (even though I was paying his hefty fee)! Did not prescribe appropriate medications. Pushed expensive "TMS" therapy.

Posted on December 24th, 2010

Dr. Knable is a capable psychopharmacologist. Despite his considerable experience, though, he seems to have a very limited capacity to feel or to express empathy. For those who are looking for warmth, compassion, and a deep understanding of the human psyche in all of its complexities, they might wish to go elsewhere.

Very effective psychiatrist

Posted on October 27th, 2010

Dr. Knable, rather than focusing on the immediate situation only, as many do, takes the longer view. He really cares about the patient and thinks through to a path enabling recovery. Really amazing therapist .

Wonderful clinician

Posted on September 8th, 2010

Dr. Knable is a very honest, intelligent psychiatrist who is more than qualified to help patients. I feel his doctor-patient demeanor is wonderful, making it very easy to communicate with him and understand him.

Posted on April 17th, 2017