Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael C Koester has the following 3 specialties
- Pediatric Sports Medicine
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Sports Medicine
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
22 Years Experience
University Of Nevada School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Michael C Koester accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net OR PPO
- Moda Health Community Care Network
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSlocum Orthopedics, 55 Coburg Rd, Eugene, OR
Dr. Michael C Koester is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Eugene, OR.