Dr. Michael Kogan Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Michael Kogan?

Great Surgeon

Posted on December 16th, 2015

I am a repeat patient, with Dr. Kogan having performed a complete knee replacement prior to a recent and different knee surgery. Dr. Kogan is a phenomenally skilled surgeon. His attention to the details is unfailing. Yes, waiting time can be annoying, however, Dr. Kogan spends whatever time it takes to explain the process and answer all questions and when I walk out of the office; I know exactly the plan of action. And, no, he doesn’t engage in mindless chatter and I appreciate that, as I want the facts: procedure, recovery, and rehabilitation. I choose Dr. Kogan when I need surgery knowing that he is a perfectionist, that he is a highly competent, skilled surgeon and that I’m in good hands. I have had no complications after surgery, because of the attention to detail that Dr. Kogan pays to pre-surgical preparation. Bedside manner, I’ve got family and friends to visit after a successful surgery. Successful surgery, I’ve got Dr. Kogan, none better.

Posted on June 25th, 2015

Excellent!!!

Posted on April 24th, 2015

Never visited me in hospital after my knee replacement surgery. Would not recommend him

Ms.

Posted on December 10th, 2014

Visiting Dr. Kogan was one of the most discouraging medical experiences I have ever had. Suffering with a severely sprained ankle that he admitted may involve ligament tear (MRI Validated) Mr. Kogan refused to assist with insurance related work issues. Furthermore, he paid no attention to my input regarding the function and pain level related to my injury. He displays an arrogant sense and creates a sense in my mind that his competence is marginal in his profession. Mr. Kogan should be avoided at all cost if you have alternate choices.

Posted on January 31st, 2013

Doctor Kogan has no regard for your time. Each of the three appointments I had he was an hour late with no apology upon entering the room. He does not listen to concerns and at times makes you feel like your descriptions of the symptoms is irrelevant. As a diagnostic, he misdiagnosed my husband torn rotator cuff until he performed surgery on a torn muscle and then found the torn cuff. I think he has too many Jacob’s high school students coming to him for sports injuries which in turn has made him lose touch with the value of a customer.

Excellent doctor

Posted on April 16th, 2012

Dr. Kogan has performed two surgeries for me, rotator cuff and a shattered wrist plus treated me for back and other shoulder issues. I have recommended him many times. He is one of the finest doctors I know.

Posted on March 8th, 2012

Good doctor but the wait time is crazy! Problem is they are overbooking patients!My time is important too, let's make some changes here.

WIsh I never went to him

Posted on November 19th, 2009

Had laproscopic surgery to remove a 1" cylinder of bone between my humerous and rotator cuff. He spent an hour"digging for it" and couldn't find it.It was very visible in the x-ray and in the MRI. He worked on my humerous bone which he said to smooth it out. Needless to say I was not happy. He told me he would have to do complete shoulder replacement to remove the cylider which was causing me excruciating pain. After 2 years of suffering with the pain (I was afraid to have anyone work on my shoulder after that) and having little use of my arm, I went to a surgeon in Evanston. He said I did not need complete shoulder repacement but that he would cap the humerus bone as it was damaged but it didn't need to be replaced It took him 1 minute to remove the cylinder and over an hour to repair the humerous as it had grown locked in place with arthritis. I did not have that before Dr. Kogan worked on it.I now no longer have any pain and have regained use of my arm. He never should have done the arthroscopic surgery as he didn't know what he was doing. My new surgeon found it hard to beleive that Dr. Kogan could not find it.I was lucky he didn't damage all of the nerves in my arm. Dr. Kogan wanted to do complete shoulder replacement which I did not need. I felt he was totaly incompetent and caused me much pain.

Posted on October 6th, 2017