Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael A Kosmo
Dr. Michael A Kosmo, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Marcos, CA, with another office in Escondido, CA. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Kosmo is affiliated with California Hospital Medical Center, Methodist Hospital Southern Ca and Scripps Mercy Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael A Kosmo has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Blood Cancer
- Hepatitis C
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Bone Marrow Diseases
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
Showing 5 of 19
Dr Kosmo took a lot of time to listen to my problems and concerns. He was very good at explaining what my medical problem was to me in terms I could understand. I highly recommend Dr Kosmo. Only problem I did have was their office receiving and uploading my lad results. This happened on a couple of occasions.
Dr Kosmo is the best oncologist I think a patient could ever have! When I was in the hospital in 2002 for three months with stage 4 cancer and fighting because I didn't want to die nor did I want to have chemo, he always listened to me and came up with other options, even new, cutting edge options. He never stressed me out telling me I had to have chemo and I really liked that about him as most all of the other oncologist did stress me, very much so. He has a genuine smile and sincerely wants to help, he doesn't just hit you over the head with his agenda for you. He really listens and I love that in a doctor. Partly because of him I am still here today. God bless him!!!
Dr. Kosmo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
University Of Massachusetts Medical School
Graduated in 1979
United States Naval Medical Center
Dr. Michael A Kosmo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Michael A Kosmo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Marcos, CA.