Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael F Kozart has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Michael F Kozart has the following 12 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Clinical Depression
- Personality Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Dr. Michael F Kozart is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
He always went out of his way to make sure I was goingto be ok
He is pleasant, but seems to like to chat rather than address problems of the client. If you don't present a dramatic display he seems to think not much can be wrong. I found it frustrating to get him to understand the depth of my problems and felt I was brushed off many times. (btw, switched Drs and when he heard Dr. Kozart was once my Dr., asked my opinion (which I gave. Similar as what I posted above) and he gave a little smile and said that was what other clients had felt about Dr. Kozart so it wasn't just me who felt they weren't getting his full attention. Again, not a bad guy, just doesn't give creedance to the problems one expresses and is concerned about unless you strongly stress your concerns and address about his seeming disregard.
For anyone who requires psychiatric attention and is not currently insured, I highly recommend seeing Dr. Michael Kozart at the Santa Rosa Health Clinic. Out of the numerous Dr.'s at the VA, as well as two private practice Dr.'s I've seen in Sonoma County, Dr. Kozart is by far the finest psychiatrist I've seen. Although he has a lot on his plate at the S.R. clinic being that it is a free clinic, he makes me feel like a person with needs . Dr. Kozart is a very compassionate and understanding man, and the mental health profession needs more like him.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Ucla Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsVista Family Health Center, 3569 Round Barn Cir, Santa Rosa, CA
Dr. Michael F Kozart is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Santa Rosa, CA.