Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael A Kuna has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Sleep Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
Showing 5 of 28
It's surprising to see any negative comments about Dr. Kuna. I have been seeing Dr. Kuna for many years & he has consistently been kind, professional & understanding. He takes into consideration my insurance coverage when prescribing. He does not over prescribe. I have recommended him to another family member & a friend.
I found him superficial and eager to throw meds at my case without a clear understanding of my symptoms (as opposed to diagnosis; one being my experience, which crosses aspects of several diagnoses, the other being a code from the DSM to satisfy insurance companies). I was also put off by his blatant self-promotion. I do suspect his performance is stronger with addictions counseling.
I've been seeing Dr. Kuna for several years. I suffer from depression and was leary of meds. Dr. Kuna listened to my concerns and took a conservative approach while helping me understand more about them. He cares about me as a person or peer, not just another patient. I also like the fact that he is always on time. The office has a pleasant/calming atmosphere as well.
Dr. Kuna is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Mc Gaw Medical Center Northwestern University
Dr. Michael A Kuna accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGenesis Clinical Services, 1725 S Naperville Rd Ste 206, Wheaton, IL
Dr. Michael A Kuna is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wheaton, IL.