Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael V Kurzawa
Dr. Michael V Kurzawa, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Harrison Township, MI. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Kurzawa is affiliated with St Joseph Mercy Oakland Hospital and Henry Ford Macomb. Dr. Kurzawa has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael V Kurzawa has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Michael V Kurzawa has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Michael V Kurzawa has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Michael V Kurzawa is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
Dr Kurzawa has been our family doctor for over 20 years. What I like most about Dr Mike is the fact that he actually LISTENS when I have a new concern or a symptom. I think that is extremely rare in most Doctor offices I've been in before. I trust Dr Kurzawa and would not consider going to any other doctor. I feel I am a healthy 63 year old woman because of my primary care doctor being Dr Mike.
I have been a patient of Dr. Mike's for 20 years. He keeps up to date on medical conditions, treatments and new medications. He takes the time to explain treatment and does follow up with diagnostic and lab testing. His staff is knowledgeable, efficient with reports and billing and are friendly and helpful.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Kurzawa is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1985
Bon Secours Hospital
Dr. Michael V Kurzawa accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsEmerald Family Practice, 25990 Crocker Blvd, Harrison Township, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael V Kurzawa in this video.
Dr. Michael V Kurzawa is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Harrison Township, MI.